View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 16-bit Assassin Concept Work 
Nerd

I mean to say that the character gets caught on the corners of the bushes, only seen it happen on the upper left corner's of the bushes, and I have seen the daggers that I have thrown into the walls on the left side get him when he is trying to pick them up. As for game play and the story I will be glad to help out on that. Just need to know what to lean towards. Looking for something more fantasy, historical, mixed, war, science-fiction, etc. Looks to me its kind of leaning more towards a fantasy/war story line than anything else. I don't want to be hasty though and make it seem like another Assassin's Creed or Zelda, but maybe a warring game would be good since you have already presented two different villages and class pools. I will probably have something up within the next couple of weeks for story lines and breakdowns so you can see which you like better.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm
Nerd Noob

crimsongene wrote:
I mean to say that the character gets caught on the corners of the bushes, only seen it happen on the upper left corner's of the bushes, and I have seen the daggers that I have thrown into the walls on the left side get him when he is trying to pick them up. As for game play and the story I will be glad to help out on that. Just need to know what to lean towards. Looking for something more fantasy, historical, mixed, war, science-fiction, etc. Looks to me its kind of leaning more towards a fantasy/war story line than anything else. I don't want to be hasty though and make it seem like another Assassin's Creed or Zelda, but maybe a warring game would be good since you have already presented two different villages and class pools. I will probably have something up within the next couple of weeks for story lines and breakdowns so you can see which you like better.

Oh yeah I know I still working on the contact area of almost everything in the game, much if it will be fix as the game comes a bit more together.

But in story it will be very fantasy, but not like there is going to be a lot of magic or powers in the game, just more that when people look at the game and the world it is set in, that it is far from reality as we live in. Though the base of the game is obviously like the 2D Zelda games, but I don't want it to be a complete rip off of it, such as story wont be the same as it will most likely be a Teen or Mature Rated title; Blood, Adult Language, Tabaco and Alcohol, Adult Topics and such. And no there will not be sex in the game, though it might be spoken about as I want much of the conversations to be not of teen characters, but adult.

I'll be posting a list of things soon to kind of show more info about the world.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nerd Noob

Here are some ideas I have had for the world of the game:

This is some info on the "Temples"/"Towns".
(They are not set in stone so feel free to think up changes to the Groups' Races and such.)

Assassins
Alignment: Evil
Race: Human
Skills: Stealth
Items: Cloak
Home: ?
Bio: Assassins are the corrupt group in the game, seeking out to basically take over the world. This will be the main bad guy group. (This is where the main character will come from, which is why he will be kind of a hard a$$, dick head, out for him self, lone wolf, sort of character.)

Ranger
Alignment: Neutral/Good
Race: Elf or Angel
Skills: Ranged Weapons
Items: (1st) Throwing Dagger, (2nd) Penetrating Dagger
Home: Forest
Bio: Rangers will be the noble and wise group, much like the Elves in LOTR, or the Navi in Avatar. Mainly peaceful and nature loving.

Ninja/Samurai
Alignment: Neutral
Race: Monkey or Cat (Neko)
Skills: (1st) Melee Weapons, (2nd) Spin Attack
Items: Sword
Home: Mountains
Bio: Ninjas/Samurai will be much like they are in reality, well trained and strict. Though like the Rangers they will have a love for Nature.

Warrior
Alignment: Neutral
Race: Bear or Beast
Skills: Defense
Items: ?
Home: Barracks
Bio: Warriors is were the more adult themes will come from, a bunch drunkards that just enjoy war and the bounties that come from it.

Demolition
Alignment: Good
Race: Fox (Kitsune)
Skills: Explosives
Items: (1st) Bombs, (2nd) Big Bombs
Home: Fields
Bio: Demolitions are going to be the cute child like characters of the world, much like Lalafell from Final Fantasy, care free and just enjoy life, though a bit odd as they are the masters of Explosives.

Here are some new things to get done:

-Loading Bar and Area
-Game Icon
-Game Title
-Game Title Picture
-Game Opening Theme Song
-Sneak Skill Icon
-Sword Weapon Icon

Last edited by Duo Maxwell on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nerd

Ok, so I am thinking of maybe a gritty war fantasy then. Central story around the Assassin then, and side-stories to either tie him to other groups in the game or hint to why he abandoned his group.

Thinking for the towns. Are there going to be groups of characters like in final fantasy and other rpgs. If so then I can specify traits and if not I can make the classes have their own thought frame with no real definition with the exception of story added plots.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Nerd Noob

crimsongene wrote:
Ok, so I am thinking of maybe a gritty war fantasy then. Central story around the Assassin then, and side-stories to either tie him to other groups in the game or hint to why he abandoned his group.

Thinking for the towns. Are there going to be groups of characters like in final fantasy and other rpgs. If so then I can specify traits and if not I can make the classes have their own thought frame with no real definition with the exception of story added plots.

I just posted such info just above your's. Xb

But yeah the basic story is that you sent on your first assassination, which turns out to be a way for them to get rid of you. Luckily you don't die and basically for the rest of the game try to find the assassin group and gather what skills and items you will need to get your revenge.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nerd

I did some expanding on the assassin's bios. I plan to update this post with more information on this group and other ones as well. This will help with not only establishing a story but open the doors for a bunch of side-stories and ultimately a great ending.

Assassins Bio: Shadows of the Right Hand. A group that was once the right hand of the generals. Always carrying out justice to those who would otherwise corrupt it. After years of serving they began to become things of legend. Never being talked about beyond the war chambers. During the wars they were praised by the councils and kings that called upon them. In times of peace they were known as the beggars and diseased of the lower class. Then came the blow that ended the need for assassins. A treaty was struck between several high ranking nations and the others managed to escape by submitting or becoming trade partners with them. The shadows however began to grow dark. Many of them became thieves and few banded together. It was probably during this time that many of them began being paid by nobles and traders to get rid of rivals. With their pay they bought up many brothels and gambling house, once in a while a bar or even a hotel. Eventually they managed to gain favor with one of these nobles enough to acquire land and build a small village. In a couple of years assassins from all around came to find refuge. One such assassin was __________ (This note is to say the blank here is not for the main character but for the one who warped the thoughts of the assassins and made the village disappear). After he joined the village everything began changing. Eyes that not even the shadows could find comfort in. TO BE EDITED/CONITUED

Last edited by crimsongene on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:12 pm
Nerd Noob

Nice, I read through part one and like it, though I had it in my mind that the main character (Which still doesn't have a name yet) would be born and raised in the hidden assassin town. So it would be nice if there was a large passing of time between the completion of the town and when the main character comes in for his story. Mainly so over the years before he is born, the assassin town will become unknown and lost to the rest of the world. The game is going to be basically about their come back to try and take over, and how the main character is the one to lead the fight against them.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Nerd

Oh, your referring to the blank spot. No that isn't the main character. That was going to be for the founder of the village and he will be responsible for changing it and becoming lost in time. The main will be coming in quite later from this bio. Think of it as the lost history of the village that eventually starts leaking through after the main character abandons the "town".

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:12 pm
Nerd Noob

crimsongene wrote:
Oh, your referring to the blank spot. No that isn't the main character. That was going to be for the founder of the village and he will be responsible for changing it and becoming lost in time. The main will be coming in quite later from this bio. Think of it as the lost history of the village that eventually starts leaking through after the main character abandons the "town".

Alright cool, though I have to say not to go to crazy, I don't want to be spending years just animating Final Fantasy half hour long cut seens. :shock:

Most of the story in the game will be portrayed vie conversation, other then a opening cut seen to explain the world you are about to enter (Or around those lines.)

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Nerd

Bleh sorry again for the delay. I had to delete a major chunk of it cause it was getting to long...I have just written this in the last couple minutes so bear with the non-existent editing.

At age six they take you to the village. Then they drive the skills you need into you. Survival, hunting, and killing. Every day the tests lose someone else. They show no hesitation when sending them into the battlefield to hunt a commander. Learning to be an outcast from society and dragging yourself through the and mud. Eventually you make it to adulthood, if your unlucky to still be alive. When you reach that “achievement” then you get to play games. The shadow in your soul grows and your heart ceases to beat. The once in a long while time you get to enjoy anything is if your drinking the bar dry or being pleased by the best at the brothel.

*Scene opens in a bar with two of the enemy standing at the entrance*

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2